Peninsula Montessori implements the educational philosophy of Maria Montessori as embodied in the following principles.
- Mixed age grouping
- Freedom of choice with responsibility
- Self teaching manipulative materials
- Character and personal development
- Children progress at their own rate
- Richly prepared environment
- Control of error built into lessons
- Teacher is a guide
- Build positive self-image
- Logical consequences for behavior
- Self discipline through work
- Interrelated curriculum
- Children learn to care for themselves and their environment
- Encourages left and right brain integration
- Movement necessary for neuro-muscular development
- Individual as well as group interactions
- Sensitive periods of learning
- Self control through lessons in grace and courtesy
- Sensory based learning
- Non-judgmental approach
- Appreciation of all life
Montessori education offers children and families an alternative to traditional or charter schooling.
Each classroom at Peninsula Montessori School creates an environment based on a respect for the child, and each child's unique individual needs.
"My vision of the future is no longer of people taking exams and proceeding on that certification... but of individuals passing from one stage of independence to a higher one, by means of their own activity, through their own effort of will, which constitutes the inner evolution of the individual."
- Maria Montessori
- Our Philosophy
- Montessori Method
- Montessori Blog
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.