Getting involved with Peninsula Montessori school as a parent is easy. Our community benefits from a very active group of families who work every day to make the school an amazing place for personal and academic enrichment. Moms, dads, aunts, uncles and caregivers of all kinds are welcome to join us in service of our Montessori campus. Studies affirm that the involvement of parents with their child's education has a positive impact on the results those children are capable of achieving.
Key Facts: (click here to download the study)
- In the early years,parental involvement has a significant impact on children’s cognitive development and literacy and number skills.
- Parental involvement in a child’s schooling for a child between the ages of 7 and 16 is a more powerful force than family background, size of family and level of parental education.
- Parental involvement has a significant effect on pupil achievement throughout the years of schooling.
- In particular,a father’s interest in a child’s schooling is strongly linked to educational outcomes for the child.
- Most parents believe that the responsibility for their child’s education is shared between parents and the school.
Our Montessori parents enjoy a host of activities and events geared toward their entertainment and enrichment.
- New Family Tea
- Parent Social
- Gala Dinner Dance
- and more...
Such events are programmed by the Montessori Parents Association (MPA), to which every Peninsula Montessori parent belongs. Click to learn how to get involved in the Palos Verdes MPA and Redondo Beach MPA.
Parents are to attend any of the school's parent and family enrichment seminars and workshops. Past seminars have included:
- Whole-Brain Learning
- Montessori Environment in the home
- Traditional vs. Montessori
- Truth vs. Harmony
- The World of Teenagers
Stay tuned for announcements of future workshops.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.